TAXES.CA - The Canadian Tax and RRSP Homepage TAXES.CA - Your source for tax information in Canada
Canadian Tax BlogDirectory of Canadian Tax ProfessionalsCanada Tax and RRSP Information
Capital Gains Tax

Capital Gains Tax

A capital gain or capital loss may be incurred when you sell or transfer capital property. Common types of capital property include land, buildings, shares, bonds, fund and trust units, the sale of which may create tax implications in Canada.

For more information on how to calculate and report your capital gains and losses, including reducing your taxable income by claiming capital losses, deferrals, reserves and the cumulative capital gains deduction, or through sales of publicly-traded shares, bonds, mutual fund and trust units, stock options, flow-through entities, and identical properties, please consult the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for details.

File Your Personal or Small Business Taxes

Click here for software to help you file your personal and/or professional/small business taxes.

Copyright 2005-19 TAXES.CA  |  IMPOTS.CA | About Us  |  File Your Taxes  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  Contact Us