TAXES.CA - The Canadian Tax and RRSP Homepage TAXES.CA - Your source for tax information in Canada
Canadian Tax BlogDirectory of Canadian Tax ProfessionalsCanada Tax and RRSP Information
Payroll Tax

Payroll Taxes

In Canada, deductions on amounts earned are paid if you are an employer, a trustee or a payer. After making the deductions, these deductions, including both the employee and employer share, must be remitted to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). These amounts must then be reported on the appropriate information return.

An online TD1 estimator is available from the CRA which will determine the tax credits you may qualify for at tax time. This tool can assist both employer and payer to determine the right amount of tax to be deducted from income. To use the online tool, according to the CRA you may need to estimate the following:

  • your annual net income;
  • your annual pension income;
  • your annual tuition fees;
  • dependants' ages and net income;
  • spouse or common-law partner's net income;
  • amounts your dependant(s) will not use on their income tax and benefits return; and
  • amounts your spouse or common-law partner will not use on their return.

File Your Personal or Small Business Taxes

Click here for software to help you file your personal and/or professional/small business taxes.

Copyright 2005-19 TAXES.CA  |  IMPOTS.CA | About Us  |  File Your Taxes  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  Contact Us