What personal information does TAXES.CA collect?
TAXES.CA XistNet Inc. ("TAXES.CA") is committed to respecting the privacy of
our web site users, our current clients, our prior clients, our future
clients, our staff and contractors, as well as prospective employees and
consultants. We are committed to keeping the personal information we gather
accurate, confidential, secure and private at all times. This commitment
applies to that information which is collected by TAXES.CA to facilitate
our business services as well as the accumulation of data from prospective
employees and consultants.
Personal information is any information that is used to identify you, or
by which your identity can be deduced. Personal information that TAXES.CA
- Facts about Internet usage, both historic and current;
- Facts about payment for services, including general financial information;
- Customer's name and address and other client contact information;
- Contact and reference information from those seeking employment and subcontracting opportunities, such as date of birth, address, telephone numbers, email address, employment and work history information;
- Customer login and preference information related to opt-in electronic products and services the customer has selected to receive.
TAXES.CA requires this information in order to provide its services to
clients and to conduct ongoing resource requirements in order to maintain
business support and service levels.
How does TAXES.CA use this information?
With the permission of the customer, TAXES.CA provides information via an
online directory to which customers register and choose to include their
information. Additionally, when an individual or organization engages
TAXES.CA for services, TAXES.CA will identify the purposes for which
TAXES.CA is requesting the personal information. If TAXES.CA identifies
other purposes for which the personal information may be used, TAXES.CA
will seek the individual's consent prior to such use. TAXES.CA will advise
that it is the individual's right to refuse permission for TAXES.CA to use
personal information for any new purposes.
Additional purposes for collecting personal information may be identified
to an individual before or at the time of collection. However, at a minimum
TAXES.CA will collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain effective communication and provide on-going service;
- To establish contracts for service, bill and collect for payment of services;
- To engage potential human resources and communicate with them about employment and subcontracting opportunities with TAXES.CA;
- To meet legal, regulatory and settlement requirements.
How does TAXES.CA collect this information?
TAXES.CA collects your information by lawful and fair means using physical
or electronic methods. We collect information directly from you at the
start of our contact and throughout the course of our engagement. We
receive personal information through our website, telephone, facsimile,
and direct mail. In all instances, personal information is voluntarily
submitted by you.
Does TAXES.CA share your information?
TAXES.CA does not and will not disclose your information to any third
party to enable them to market their products and services to you other
than those purposes to which you have granted us permission. TAXES.CA may
share your information with third parties as required by the act, as
required to conduct or support business services with you, or with your
We may aggregate and share aggregate information stripped of any personally
identifiable information. We also provide information to third parties on
a strictly confidential basis, to distribute information (e-mails, faxes,
surveys, and letters) and conduct services on our behalf.
TAXES.CA provides information about and links to other organizations on our
website. TAXES.CA does not take any responsibility for the privacy policies
of these organizations.
How can you access, modify or delete your information?
All the information TAXES.CA collects is available on our internal network
systems. You can contact TAXES.CA by phone, fax, email, or postal mail to
request to review and edit the information we have collected and maintain
on or about you.
How is your data protected?
At TAXES.CA we are committed to maintain the privacy and security of your
information. All reasonable precautions are taken to ensure that your
personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access,
modification or disclosure. We have put together the following safeguards:
- Our premises are secured with controlled keycard access to all facilities and visitor identification;
- We have restricted access to corporate records storage area;
- We have implemented various user control levels for authorized network access to digital data.
If you have more questions, who do you contact?
If you have more questions you can email us at
email@example.com or write
our Privacy Officer at the following address:
176 Gloucester Street, Suite 402
Ottawa, ON K2P 0A6